HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ENPOSIB "CHAY": The OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!

ENPOSIB "CHAY": The OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:10 pm

*DOMINO: Nice catchy kickoff track to the CD. The play of words/lyrics catches your attention. DOUB SIX "Clearly" PAP MOURI nan min Enposib pou mizik sa. I expect them to push this song LIVE and for it to be one of their best received tracks...especially LIVE.

*MAJI: I've been raving about the lyrics from this song for days since the release of this CD. Hilarious, shockingly funny and straight to the point talk to a young lady who thinks that she can get one over vocalists MEDJY and Mikaben (guest on this track). Basically like the song says LI TONBE SOU YON NEG KI PI "Mafia" passe l. LOOOOOL

Also the "simplicity" of the song is also what allows the WORDS to SHINE/FLOW clearly in the listener's ears. SICK BACKGROUND VOCALS

Li pranm pou inbecile
Li panse nou pral marye
Pandan ke li se yon vermine a ke
Cherie fe yon ti RELAX
Bwe yon ti Xanax

(Part 1)Saw te konpran..AnNik ba ou nouvel la..M Tande w pran kabann.
Ou gintan pense w te bon....Ma Che ou vann
(Part 2) Si poum baw lovin nan few ti chita tan…LI PAP JANM KONSA
Bagay la pa BOUILLON…Fok ou respekte sa
(PART 3) Janm konenm FREKAN…Ou te gintan gin lespwa
Mwen te ka retem fe ABRACADABRA…SE PIYAY
Ou ginle pensem fe MAJI

This song is one of my favorites off the CD. I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that they do a music video for this track. KICK ASS GUEST APPEARANCE by MIKA on this track. It's been awhile since we've heard "THIS" MIKABEN in terms of style. My concern is CAN THEY PLAY THIS SONG "LIVE" just the way it is on the CD without it losing its appeal? That's something to watch.

*RALE ZAM: Uptempo track clearly meant to heat up parties when they play LIVE, to show that they can also do that. The "ZAM" being talked about here are the fellas' sexual instrument to showcase to the ladies NO MATTER WHAT THE SIZE "Fistibal" or "Bazooka" like the guys from Enposib call it....epi KATOUCH. This track in my opinion has a strong CARIMI influence UPTEMPO style in there, and that is a good thing because their uptempo numbers have proven that they can do damage at parties...I anticipate this song to also be a party and radio favorite.

*MWEN AVE W: The song that first caught my attention when I first listened to the CD. That is why that was the first song that I personally chose to feature on Kompa Magazine as one of the singles. VERY CATCHY....MY PERSONAL FAVORITE ON THE CD...and the lyrics showing NO MATTER WHAT POPS UP....I'm gonna ride or die with you till I die...therefore "MWEN AVEW". First listen....BATON....FELL FOR IT. In my opinion, SHOULD BE THE NEXT SONG/SINGLE that they make a music video for. I Love EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SONG. ANMWEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

*STYLEY: I love the energy and POSITIVE MESSAGE displayed in this groovy number by Enposib. The Killer part that I love so much is when NICOLAS drops that french Rap part and takes the song to another level...and Medjy in the background adding his colorful part.

(Sorry for the French typo spelling)
Si t'as un probleme...Tu dois danser danser...en ENPOSIB STYLE
Si t'as un Malaise...Tu dois danser danser...en ENPOSIB STYLE
Si t'as pas D'argent...Tu dois danser danser...en ENPOSIB STYLE

Bon bagay nettttttttt.

*CHAY: The song with the recently released music video....and it signaled what was to come on this upcoming CD. Catchy number for sure with some excellent lyrics....and ready for the LIVE showcase. Another excellent track. "MWEN RAYI L...ET MWEN RINMIN L EN MINM TEMPS"...Gade w CHAY ak relationship...LES HOMMES PRAN!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOL

*METE MAY: Nicolas takes the lead on this song to bring a different voice flavor to the table. This track is OFF THE HOOK. The words/lyrics are funny and serious at the same time. CHERIE KASSE BWA NAN ZOREY MWEN...MET PAWOL CHITA NAN FYEL MWEN. MET PAWOL SOU MWEN...BABY SI OU GIN MAY...PA HESITE BAN MWEN....METE MAY!
ANMWEYYYYYYY. A Player gets the cards reversed on him by getting played himself...and I can imagine a lot of people are going to love this song. A fun/serious song AT THE SAME TIME, that will have many "THINKING" while bopping their heads and dancing to the song. Like Nico says in the song...MWEN RINMINL A MORT....MIZIK SA that is.

*ZENGENZENG: Another uptempo number that is extremely catchy...who in my opinion also has a Carimi uptempo flavor. A great party banger whether it be a house party or the band playing LIVE.

*DOWN DOWN DOWN: The song that was released a few years ago....the song that caught MY ATTENTION when it comes to Enposib when it came out. Remains my favorite song from the group because that's the one that got me vibin to the group...so it holds a special place in my musical heart.

*BOM SOU 2 BO: Another classic that came out years ago. Medley in top form....also a personal favorite of mine ever since it came out. I still love that music video from ever since it came out.

*THOUGHTS
*It is very rare that you come across a CD...and DEBUT CD at that, where YOU DON'T WANT TO SKIP A SINGLE SONG ON THERE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO HEAR EVERY SINGLE ONE TRACK. That's happening to me here with this CD. It's a "NO SONG SKIPPING CERTIFIED CD".

*MEDJY: This guy is truly an excellent talent. What I call a "GAME CHANGER" who comes across on the scene once in awhile in the business. He does NOT sound like anyone out there, and he has this huge thing going for him...HIS SICK FLOW Musically and Lyrically. The play of words on the songs on the ENPOSIB CD is simply MAGIC.

When you are listening to the song or songs, and you come a cross a part or parts where the lyrics make you say WOW...and leave a smile on your face, and start thinking to yourself...HOW DID HE COME UP WITH THAT SH*T? That's when you know the guy is something special in terms of his talent. Keep an eye on this guy. CHAPO BA BROTHER.

*FAVORITE SONGS on the CD: I can say the entire CD, but I will go for "Mwen Avew", "Mete May", "Maji", and "Stylee"...EXCLUDING the 2 classics that came out years before the CD.

*CONCERN: The group could have added a THIRD uptempo COMPAS song on the CD. They only have "Rale Zam" and "Zengendeng"; and you know when the band plays LIVE, you might need MORE than 2 of those to keep the energy going. I am not sure you would qualify DOMINO and STYLEE as a UPTEMPO COMPAS tracks at 100%...even though I strongly believe they BOTH deserve to be on the CD.

Also, this CD might not appeal to every crowd. The customer who prefers the heavy compas direct style, might not have a plate on this dish that they might want to digest. NPOSIB is just not that kind of band.

*UNIQUE SOUND: What I've always admired about them is their UNIQUE SOUND musically and Lyrically. NO ONE OUT THERE SOUNDS LIKE THEM (Excluding the 2 uptempo tracks where I sense a little Carimi). They are simply ORIGINAL IN THEIR OWN WAY. One of these days try to black out everything else while listening to the CD...and LISTEN TO THE BACKGROUND VOCALS to truly appreciate their mastery in that department. WOW.

*HIT FROM THE CD: Believe it or not, the song that I think has the best chance to hit the masses out there and become a hit is the uptempo track "RALE ZAM" because of the subject, and the party flavor. It is a cool fun party track. I would love for them to push "MWEN AVEW" and "MAJI" as they both have huge potential. "DOMINO" also has that "it" factor to become a hit.

FINAL THOUGHTS: One of the best debut cds that I have ever come across in my 19 years in the HMI. An absolute gem of a CD. TIME will tell if in a few years we might be looking back at this CD in terms of "VALUE/IMPACT" in the industry. AN ABSOLUTE WINNER OF A CD that caught my attention from the INTRO until the last musical/vocal note on there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY KOMPA MAGAZINE.

PS: Make sure you PLAY WELL "LIVE" to justify this "LA CREME DE LA CREME" product that you have in your hands.

Patrick Desvarieux for KOMPA MAGAZINE

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC